SmallBusiness.com: The free small business resource
The SmallBusiness.com Federal Internet resources for small business Directory
is one of several SmallBusiness.com Directories
, special pages with links to online resources for small business owners and employees. This directory is a collaborative project created by users of SmallBusiness.com.com. Scroll to the bottom of this page to find out how you can help keep this page accurate.
Federal Online Resources
- Small Business Administration: The mission of the SBA is to maintain and to strengthen the Nation’s economy by enabling the establishment and viability of small businesses and by assisting in the economic recovery of communities after disasters.
- Social Security Administration: The Social Security Administration is the Nation's primary income security Agency. It administers the Federal retirement, survivors and disability insurance programs, as well as the program of supplemental security income (SSI) for the aged, blind and disabled, and performs certain functions with respect to the black lung benefits program.
- Department of Labor: The Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers’ rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support.
- Department of Labor: Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA): OSHA's mission is to assure the safety and health of America's workers by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach, and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health.
- Department of Labor: Youth Rules!: Guidelines for those employ teenagers under the age of 18.
- Department of Treasury: The mission of the Department of the Treasury is to promote the conditions for prosperity and stability in the United States and encourage prosperity and stability in the rest of the world.
- Tax Court: Congress created the Tax Court to provide a judicial forum in which affected persons could dispute tax deficiencies determined by the Commissioner of Internal Revenue prior to payment of the disputed amounts.
- Department of Agriculture - Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU): The mission of the OSDBU is to provide maximum opportunities for small businesses to participate in USDA contracting activities by establishing and attaining small disadvantaged business program goals.
- Internal Revenue Service: IRS.gov has many helpful resources related to starting, operating and even closing a business.
- Department of Commerce: The Commerce Department’s mission is to create the conditions for economic growth and opportunity by promoting innovation, entrepreneurship, competitiveness, and stewardship.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: The mission of the EEOC is to eradicate employment discrimination at the workplace.
- U.S. Census Bureau: The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of quality data about the nation’s people and economy.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection: U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is the unified border agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Business.gov: Business.gov guides you through the maze of government rules and regulations and provides access to services and resources to help you start, grow, and succeed in business.
- FirstGov: FirstGov.gov is an easy-to-search, free-access website designed to give you a centralized place to find information from U.S. local, state and federal government agency websites.
- WomenBiz.gov: Gateway for the woman business owner interested in doing business with the federal government.
- FirstGov En Español