IRS business tax resources
SmallBusiness.com: The free small business resourceSmallBusiness.com Directories, special pages with links to online resources for small business owners and employees. This directory is a collaborative project created by users of SmallBusiness.com.com. Scroll to the bottom of this page to find out how you can help keep this page accurate.
IRS Business Tax Resources
- EIN: An Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a federal tax identification number, is used to identify tax reports to the IRS.
- Employment Taxes for Small Businesses If you have employees, you are responsible for several federal, state, and local taxes. As an employer, you must withhold Federal income tax withholding, social security and Medicare taxes, and Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) taxes.
- Estimated Taxes Federal income tax is a pay-as-you-go tax. You must pay the tax as you earn or receive income during the year. There are two ways to pay as you go: withholding and estimated taxes.
- Filing Late and/or Paying Late: Information You Should Know Before you decide not to file your tax return on time or not pay all of your taxes when they are due, consider this.
- Where to File Addresses - Where to file addresses for businesses, tax professionals and individual taxpayers.
- IRS e-News for Small Businesses - A free email service designed to provide tax information for small business owners and self-employed individuals. It is distributed every Wednesday.