In an effort to increase the distribution of its new version of QuickBooks Online designed for self-employed individuals, Intuit is providing a free version of the cloud (web-based) software to users of independent labor-matching marketplaces TaskRabbit (a marketplace for individuals who help on tasks like cleaning, moving and handyman projects), Fiverr (freelance marketing services) and UpCounsel (lawyers). Intuit previously announced similar partnerships with Uber, Lyft and Hourly Nerd.
Features of QuickBooks Online Self-Employed
- Connects accounts: Imports supported bank and credit card accounts to track income and expenses.
- Categorizes by click: Marks a transaction as “business” by simply clicking a button, or swiping a finger across a mobile app, letting freelancers and contractors easily categorize IRS Schedule C deductions.
- Stacks up savings: Tracks deductions year round (no draw full of receipts).
- Simplifies taxes: Calculates estimated quarterly and year-end taxes.
- Security: Bank-grade encryption.