In response to recent natural disasters, the IRS is offering two webinars to tax professionals. These online events are designed to help tax professionals better understand tax relief for victims of disasters–for both individuals and businesses.
The web conferences cover:
- Tax relief for individuals and businesses
- Special rules for disaster areas
- How disaster losses affect taxes
- Calculating and reporting disaster area losses
- Tax issues related to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria
Each session will also include a live question and answer session.
The IRS designed these webinars to help tax professionals with disaster-related issues. Tax preparers receive a certificate of completion. They can also earn up to two continuing education credits for attending. Use these links to register:
- Oct. 18, 2017: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. EST
- Oct. 19, 2017: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. EST – this conference includes closed captioning
For more information about tax issues related to disasters, tax preparers and taxpayers can visit the Tax Relief in Disaster Situations page on IRS.gov.
- Publication 2194, Disaster Resource Guide for Individuals and Businesses
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Small Business Administration