Many of Hollywood’s favorite actors are children of parents who owned and operated their own small businesses. Like acting, owning your own business requires creativity, determination and an independent spirit. Here are 7 actors whose parents owned a small business.
1. Denzell Washington’s mother owned and operated a beauty parlor in Mount Vernon, N.Y.
(Image: via Wikipedia)
2. Mila Kunis’ mother runs a pharmacy in Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
(Image: via postgradproblems.com)
3. Brad Pitt’s father owned a small trucking company in Shawnee, Okla.
(Image: on Flickr via Barbara.Doduk)
4. Emma Stone’s father is the founder and CEO of a small general contracting company in Scottsdale, Ariz.
(Image: on Flickr via ElHormiguero)
5. Christopher Walken’s father owned and operated Walken’s Bakery in Astoria, Queens, N.Y.
(Image: on Flickr via ikritcher)
6. Matthew McConaughey’s father owned and operated a gas station in Texas.
(Image: via wikimedia commons)
7. Catherine Zeta-Jones’ father owned a candy factory in Swansea, Wales.
(Image: on Flickr via jkutarkabat)