It’s the time of year that falls right before that other time of year. Take care of these to-do list items now, instead of later. Waiting until later in the year can result in a train wreck. In other words: Do this now!
1. Contact key clients or customers regarding their year-end needs and how you can help.
Depending on your business, your customers or clients will appreciate you checking in with them now to let them know you’re available to help them have a successful year-end.
2. Set the date and reserve the place for a holiday party.
(Photo: tifotter via Flickr)
If you’ve put it off until today, don’t wait another minute to get something on the calendar.
3. Decide on and order client gifts and cards.
If your traditional business practice involves sending presents and cards, now’s the time to get started on creative ideas and early deliveries to beat the last-minute flood of items they’ll receive.
4. Coordinate holiday schedules and employee vacations.
(Photo: The Ice Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden. nate2b via Flickr)
For some, December will mean extra hours and challenging workloads. For others, the month means juggling time off and using up vacation days.
5. Meet with your accounting advisors for year-end tax and financial planning.
If your fiscal year is the same as the calendar year, then year-end financial planning starts, well, yesterday.