As we’ve been saying since the launch of Google My Business, with more than 80% of people searching the web to find local information (1), it’s important to have a presence on the web that showcases what makes your business unique. Businesses with complete listings on Google are twice as likely to gain customer trust (2), 38% more likely to attract in-store visits, and 29% more likely to see a purchase.(3)
In addition to Google My Business (the administrative dashboard for keeping your business listing up-to-date), Google has announced you can now edit your business information right on the listing page. If this sounds familiar, it’s because we announced it back in January of this year.
But to make it official, Ranjith Jayaramyou, product manager of Google Local search, has announced on the Google Small Business blog that a business owner can now complete and enhance their listing in these ways:
- Add or correct business information, post updated hours, and more.
- Post on Google and stay engaged with your customers.
- Share photos that make your business stand out.
- See how many views your listing gets, and easily access detailed information about your listing’s performance.
- Know when users upload photos of your business.
- Quickly take the most important actions to complete and enhance your business listing.
How does it work?
- Find your business on Google Search and you will see a new, simple menu right above the search results. If you’re not seeing the menu, make sure you’re logged in with your business account.
- Click the edit button, and the fields you can edit will be highlighted. You can update your information and upload photos directly.
1 Consumer Barometer
2 Google/Oxera, The Benefits of Complete Business Listings, Dec 2014
3 Ipsos MORI, Impact of Search Listings for Local Businesses, Aug 2014
VIA | Google | Used with permission